Saturday 21 January 2017

A Winter's Respite Mid-Way Wrap Up and Second Week Goals

The first half of this week was a bit of a write off as I was busy with an assignment for University so I only managed to read two books the first was The Smoke Hunter by Jacquelyn Benson! However it was a book that I greatly enjoyed so I don't feel too bad - plus I managed to get a review written for it as well! And then I read The House on Sunset Lake by Tasmina Perry. I really liked the writing style but I really did not like everything that happened after the big twist. Some big events were brushed off as nothing - a serious crime was dismissed as "everyone has flaws" and mental illness was really badly portrayed. 
The Smoke HunterThe House on Sunset Lake

So for Week 2 I have quite a lot of catching up to do! My end goal for Winter's Respite was 10 books and I still believe that it is doable. I am going to get a lot of reading done this weekend as I am also taking part in the #24in48 read-a-thon (so many read-a-thons in January!!) and next week I don't think I have any fixed plans so I hope to get some reading done then too! 

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

No comments:

Post a Comment