Wednesday 28 December 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 28th December

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Currently Reading:

Deathcat Sally
I am about to start Deathcat Sally which I was sent by the author for review. It was one of the most exciting packages I've received - there was a full size art print, cat stickers, a toy cat and a bunch of other exciting things. The book sounds amazing and has some little illustrations in it which I am always excited for so I have some pretty high hopes!

Recently Finished:

Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas MarketGame of Fear
Mince Pies and Mistletoe at The Christmas Market was the last of my Christmas reads this year and it was a good one to end on, it was cosy and festive and romantic and I really enjoyed it. I then read Game of Fear which I was sent by the author for review. I really enjoyed the mystery and liked most of the characters. I did solve the mystery well before the main character but it was still interesting to watch everything unfold. If you like Pretty Little Liars you would probably enjoy this.

Planning to Read Next:

The Quest (Sanshlian Series, #1)Trapped in WonderlandThe Secret
Next up I am reading The Quest and Trapped in Wonderland both of which I received from the author. The Quest is a Sci-Fi novel which sounds amazing, I've been really wanting to read more Sci-Fi lately so this is exciting. And Trapped in Wonderland is set in Wonderland - I adore Alice in Wonderland and I always gravitate towards retellings or reimaginings of the world so I am thrilled to have this!

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

8 comments:

  1. Deathcat Sally looks awesome and a little scary too? Nice swag to go with though! :) Both The Quest and Trapped in Wonderland have nice covers and look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover for it! Not sure yet if it will be scary or not but I am excited for it! And I love getting swag - it's always so interesting and I am looking forward to connecting it to the book once I've finished! The Quest and Trapped in Wonderland are also super exciting, and I love their covers, especially The Quest! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of any of these but so many of them look like great books! I've been really enjoying Wonderland retellings recently so I hope you like Trapped in Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always looking for Wonderland retellings but find I am super fussy about them! This one looks amazing though so I am hopeful!

      Delete
  3. Glad you got your Christmas book finished before the holiday. Just like that, it's too late for them, haha. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just finished it on Christmas Eve! I have some left over but I am going to save them for next year! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. The Secret looks like a book for me! Thanks for sharing and enjoy all of the books that you will be reading...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Secret looks really good! I'll let you know what I thought once I've read it!!

      Delete