Sunday 11 December 2016

Sunday Post 11th December 2016

STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:

Of Fire and StarsChristmas at Lilac Cottage (White Cliff Bay #1)The Twelve Days of Dash and LilyTwelve Days of Christmas
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst: This was a bit of a surprise. It didn't arrive on the release date (22nd November) and it's honestly been so long that I kind of forgot I had ordered it! Don't think I will be getting to this until 2017 now.
Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin: I've heard some great things about Holly Martin's books. This just has the cutest Christmas cover so I had to pick it up.
The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan: This is the sequel to Dash & Lily's Book of Dares which I really liked. I've heard mixed things about this one but am hoping it's good!
Twelve Days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley: The Works (a UK bargain books shop) had so, so many Christmas books out and it was too much for me to resist. Not going to lie this was a complete cover buy. 
The Twelve Dates of Christmas - The Complete NovelA Christmas TailThe Night CircusWhat Light
The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson: I didn't know when I bought this but I believe this was originally sold in different sections? Not sure how it will read as a whole book - how separate each section is. If anyone has read this let me know what you thought of it?
A Christmas Tail by Cressida McLaughlin: There are dogs right there on the cover. Dogs and Christmas. How could anybody expect me to leave this on the shelf?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: I really loved this book back when it was released and I am so excited to re-read it now that I have a copy. This is the Vintage Classics edition. Which kills me because I read it when it was released so it doesn't feel all that vintage to me.
What Light by Jay Asher: I love, love, love Thirteen Reasons Why. I am thinking this is a very different style of book but it's the same author so I am hoping for the same quality!
Starry NightHome for ChristmasVisions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2)Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3)
Starry Night by Debbie Macomber: Total charity shop impulse buy. I've heard some good things about Debbie Macomber's books in the past and this is really short.
Home For Christmas by Cally Taylor: Another cover/Christmas buy. I am really in the Christmas spirit this year. And I now have a total of 19 Christmas books to read which is more than is realistically possible.
Visions of Heat/Caressed By Ice by Nalini Singh: Books 2 and 3 in the Psy-Changeling series. I will be slowly collecting these for a while. I will probably read these after Christmas or in the New Year.
The Santa Klaus MurderToo Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)The Viscount and the Vixen (Hellions of Havisham, #3)Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour (Friday Harbor, #1)
The Santa Klaus Murder by Mavis Doirel Hay: Claire from Art and Soul mentioned this in her WWW Wednesday this week and I just had to have it. Christmas murder mysteries were missing from my TBR so I am glad I have one.
Too Hot to Handle by Tessa Bailey: I've never read anything by this author before but I read some good reviews of it recently and then it was recommended for me on goodreads so...?
The Viscount and the Vixen by Lorraine Heath: I am feeling in the mood for some Historical Romances lately so I think I will read this once my Christmas books are finished!
Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour by Lisa Kleypas: I love Kleypas's historical romances and I've been wanting to read this series for a while - now seemed a good time to start! This is shorter than I expected which is probably a good thing because it doesn't add to my TBR as much!


Reading Update:

Ann:
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson: 4 stars, I think that had I not been reading this book for school I would have enjoyed it more, but it was annoying when we had to stop to analyse everything, really did enjoy this though!

Clare:
Firelight (Darkest London, #1)Someone to Love (Westcott, #1)The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)Christmas in Eternity Springs: Eternity Springs 12 (A heartwarming, uplifting, feel-good romance series)
Firelight by Kristen Callihan: 2.5 stars, An easy read but I lacked the necessary connection to any of the characters other than Miranda (who I did like). I also felt like the mystery lacked any actual mystery. It was fairly obvious early on.
Someone to Love by Mary Balogh: 4.5 stars, I loved almost all of this. I did find the last chapter very rushed and too cheesy even for me but for the most part I enjoyed the development of the characters and the romance and I am excited for the rest of the series.
The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis: 4.5 stars, I have a full review coming for this next week but I really loved this. The characters feel so real and lovable and I read it in one sitting!
Christmas in Eternity Springs by Emily March: 3.5 stars, Another one sitting read - this was so quick and fun (with an emotional kick). The town of Eternity Springs feels very well put together and very real to me which makes me want to read more of the series. Again - a full review coming soon!

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Clare Reviews: The Trouble with Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis
  • Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to In the First Half of 2017
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Top 5 Series That Got Worse With Each Book/Season
  • Clare Reviews: Christmas in Eternity Springs by Emily March
  • Friday Reads

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your new books! Have a good week.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Christmas Tail on my kindle from last year and really should make time for it. Great haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both manage to read it this year (and enjoy it)!

      Delete
  3. I kinda am wondering about the new Dash and Lily- I haven't read the first one yet but I heard it was good, but like you I heard mixed things about the second one. Hopefully it's good! And The Santa Klaus Murder looks like such a fun Christmas mystery. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope the new Dash and Lily isn't a let-down because I've been so looking forward to it! And I am very excited about The Santa Klaus Murder! :)

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your books! I am curious about Christmas Eve at Friday Harbour, as I've been to Friday Harbour and love it there! I also read a couple of books by Kleypas set there.

    Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know Friday Harbour was a real place! So that intrigues me!!

      Delete
  5. A lot of nice books, very Christmasy! :)

    Enjoy your reads,
    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on a very Christmasy kick at the moment!! :)

      Delete