Thursday 8 December 2016

Gilmore Girls Tag

This tag was created by Pucksandpaperbacks. I recently watched and, for the most part, enjoyed the new Gilmore Girls series. It was great to see the old characters again and it really got my nostalgia started up so now seemed like a good time to try out the Gilmore Girls tag.

1) Lorelei: A character with a witty or sarcastic sense of humour
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)
The first character to come to mind for this was Kami Glass from Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. She had such a great sense of humour and it was one of my favourite things about the series.

2) Rory: Your favourite classic
A Tale of Two Cities
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens is an enduring favourite for me. I don't even know why because it took me years before I could even get past the first chapter but as soon as I did I flew through it and I've been in love with it (and Sydney) ever since.

3) Luke: A book you secretly love but are afraid to admit it
I'm not sure I am afraid to admit loving any book. I genuinely can't think of one?

4) Lane: A Musical character
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
If I Stay by Gayle Forman. This was such a beautiful book and the main character's music was really integral to the story.

5) Dean: Your first book love
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #1)
Ooh my first book love!! The first book I ever read was Alice in Wonderland when I was 3. Before Alice in Wonderland I had refused to learn to read and my love for Wonderland is what made me a reader.

6) Sooki: A book you devoured
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. I marathon books a lot but I read this entire series in one day and night. A bad idea, because I had to go on a long journey the next day and I was exhausted.

7) Jess: A book you love that gets the most hate
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
The first to spring to mind was The Cursed Child. I genuinely enjoyed this but I know so many people who absolutely hate it. 

8) Miss Patty: A book that was ruined by the hype
Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. I heard so many great things about this so when I didn't enjoy it I was massively disappointed.

9) Emily Gilmore: An expensive book
Media of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Deluxe Illustrated Edition Media of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Deluxe Illustrated Edition
Harry Potter Deluxe Illustrated Editions. £150 each!!! And yet I want them.

10) Paris: An uptight character
Meant to Be
Julia was very uptight in Meant to Be. But I really, genuinely love Paris and I did not like Julia at all. So this isn't an exact match I just can't think of very many uptight characters.

11) Richard Gilmore: A character death you will never get over
The High Lord (Black Magician, #3)
There is one in the Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan. I won't say anything because I don't want to spoil it but I was so mad. (I get why the character died, I do, but I just wanted them to be happy dammit).

12) Logan: A character who has gone through the most development
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
The trio in Harry Potter. This is possibly more apparent because I grew up alongside these characters. But I genuinely think they went through so much and grew as people.

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment