Wednesday 9 November 2016

Wednesday Catch-Up 9th November 2016

Every Wednesday we are linking up with WWW Wednesday. WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

Ann:

Currently Reading:
The Lovely and the Lost
I am in a reading mood at the moment and so I will probably have finished The Lovely and the Lost soon, so far I am really enjoying it and I am loving the characters!

Recently Finished:
The Female of the SpeciesGeek Girl (Geek Girl, #1)
I finished The Female Of The Species very quickly and unlike most great books I read it put me into a reading mood, I have nothing but praise for this book! I really enjoyed Geek Girl and will probably read the other books in the series but I think the story took a while to actually begin!

Planning to Read Next:
Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)The Wondrous and the WickedNo Such Thing as Immortality
Next I am planning on reading Stalking Jack The Ripper because I love the sound of it and I think that it is going to be a very good book that I will really enjoy! I also plan on reading The Wonderous And The Wickebecause I loved the first two books in the series and so I really want to see how the series is going to end. Finally I plan on reading No Such Thing As Immortality which is a new book I got while out shopping this weekend, I don't know much about it but from the blurb it sounds like something that I may enjoy!

Clare:

Currently Reading:
Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
I'll be honest - I haven't even remotely picked Stalking Jack the Ripper up yet. I was too anxious about the election last night to read and I am a little too heartsick this morning. But this is the book I will be picking up when I can and it's one I have been very excited about for a very long time so with any luck it will be good enough to distract me from real life.

Recently Finished:
The Female of the SpeciesYesternightA Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1)
The first book I read this week was The Female of the Species which really affected me, more so than I had even thought it would. After it finished I was literally sobbing and whilst I cry very easily I don't think I've ever cried that hard over a book before. I thought this was raw and honest and terrifying in a lot of ways and I was left feeling scared and angry but I really, highly recommend this book (with a trigger warning for rape). I then read Yesternight which is the new Cat Winters book. I really enjoyed it - it was a very tense and intriguing read and I was constantly desperate to discover what would happen next. There are also a couple of big twists (the last one especially) that caught me by surprise. And finally, I finished A Study in Scarlet Women which was a very good read. I think the mystery element took a backseat to what was mostly setup for the series - learning who everyone was and getting them into their roles. But it ended really well and I am looking forward to the next book.

Planning to Read Next:
The ChemistFrictionBurn (Dark in You #1)
Next up I am planning to read The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer which was released yesterday. I am kind of weirdly excited for this one but also trying to keep my expectations low. It sounds like it could be a fun read though. Then I want to read Friction by Sandra Brown which I have for review - I enjoyed Sting by Sandra Brown (my review is coming next week) so have some high hopes for this one. And then another review book Burn by Suzanne Wright which looks like it will be a quick and exciting read!


 You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Friction...and I keep hearing good things about The Female of the Species.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Female of the Species is probably one of my top 3 favourite books so far this year - it was really great! Glad to hear you enjoyed Friction, I am looking forward to that one a lot!

      Delete
  2. No Such Thing As Immortality looks good, and Yesternight does too- I love a twisty read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were plenty of plot twists in Yesternight! And a few slightly unanswered questions!

      Delete
  3. What glowing praise for The Female of the Species! Glad you both enjoyed it so much. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an excellent read! I was really impressed with it!

      Delete