Sunday 20 November 2016

Sunday Post 20th November 2016

STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

This week we went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! I was really looking forward to it and it definitely didn't disappoint. It was a lot funnier than I was expecting and all the wonder of the world was still there! I am very excited to see where the series goes next!

Last Week on the Blog:


Books We Got This Week:

Ann:
Girl Online Going Solo (Girl Online, #3)
Girl Online Going Solo by Zoe Sugg: I have been looking forward to reading this since I found out that the author was going to be writing it!
Clare:
Firelight (Darkest London, #1)Nemesis (Nemesis #1)Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1)
Firelight by Kristen Callihan: I feel like I've been wanting to read this series for a really long time and it's finally time for me to read it! If I really enjoy this then I will definitely be wanting to pick up the rest of the series.
Nemesis by Anna Banks: I have been really curious about this book and I am so, so excited to finally have a copy and hopefully read it soon!?
Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh: This is the first book in the Psy-Changeling series which was recommended to me by Veronika at The Regal Critiques and I am super excited for it. Again, if I enjoy this one it will be another series for me to get into!
Game of FearTales from the Shadowhunter AcademyThe Case of Beasts: Explore the Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Game of Fear by Glede Browne Kabongo: Thank you so much to Glede for sending me this for review - I am very excited to get reading. It looks like it will be amazing!
Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson and Robin Wasserman: I am not too sure what these stories are about (although I know they mostly follow Simon) but I am excited to get into them.
The Case of Beasts by Mark Salisbury: I've already had a quick flick through this and I love it. There are replicas of things in the film and behind the scenes details which are great.


Reading Update:

Ann:
The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
The Lovely And The Lost by Page Morgan: 5 stars, I really enjoyed this book a lot and I loved the all the characters and how determined they are to succeed.
The Wonderous And The Wicked by Page Morgan: 5 stars, This was a great  ending to the series and I loved how all the characters have changed since the beginning of the first book. Overall I loved it!

Clare:
The Chemist
The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer: 4 stars, The story definitely dragged in places but for the most part I was totally on board with this. I enjoyed it a lot more than I had expected to. My full review will be up next week.

Next Week on the Blog:

  • Clare Reviews: The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer
  • Top Ten Thanksgiving Freebie
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Top 5 Books I Want to Re-Read
  • Ann Reviews: Girl Online Going Solo
  • Friday Reads
  • Clare Reviews: Friction by Sandra Brown


 You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the Fantastic Beasts movie. I thought it was done really well though I did think some of the scenes with the creatures were a little too long. I can't wait for the sequel.

    I am curious about The Chemist. I am on the hold list for it at my library. Glad to hear it was better than you expected.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually really liked all the scenes of the creatures (perhaps because they felt so magical and really reminded me I was back in the world). The sequel should be amazing! I have really high hopes now!
      Hope you enjoy The Chemist - it definitely dragged in places but was a good read overall!

      Delete
  2. A lot of great books this week for you. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Tales From The Shadowhunter Academy this week too! I had pre-ordered it and forgotten all about it when it suddenly popped up on my Kindle! A nice surprise. Now if I only had time to read it... Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pre-order arrived late which was frustrating! But I am very excited to read it! It's so much longer than I expected though!

      Delete
  4. Ooh I'm so interested in Nemesis! I liked Banks' mermaid trilogy, but I do stand firm in my belief that it should have been a duiology! I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Nemesis Clare! I haven't read The Beautiful and The Cursed, but I've had my eye on it for a while.

    Have a great week!
    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted to read the mermaid trilogy but never got around to it! But this sounds way more my kind of thing anyway! I really enjoyed The Beautiful and the Cursed when I read it - it has some great characters in it!

      Delete
  5. I definitely want to see Fantastic Beasts, it looks like a lot of fun. And love the covers of those Page Morgan books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved Fantastic Beasts! It was so much fun and the audience reactions were so great which really added to the experience of watching it!

      Delete