Saturday 26 November 2016

Ann Review: Girl Online Going Solo by Zoe Sugg

Girl Online Going Solo (Girl Online, #3)Title: Girl Online Going Solo
Author: Zoe Sugg
Series: Girl Online #3
Format: Hardback 
Source: Purchased
Pages: 327
Rating: 5/5
Blurb: As Penny starts the school year she's ready to face the world - alone. Noah has gone off the radar after ending his world tour early and no one, including Penny, knows where he is. So when she accepts Megan's invitation to visit her performing arts school it seems like an opportunity to make some new friends.

Helping everyone else seems to be the right remedy - Elliot needs her friendship more than ever, and she meets Posey, who she can really help with her stage fright. But is charming Scottish boy Callum the right kind of distraction? And can Penny truly move on when Noah's shadow seems to haunt her round every corner?




This is one of the books that I have been looking forward to reading ever since I found out that it was being published and it was as sensational as I expected it to be and I loved nearly everything about it. I think that it is incredible how the author managed to put advice on blogging and a loy of other things into the story with mailing it an advice book!

This is the third book written by this author about these characters and I loved how the main character, Penny, has changed so much since the first book. I think that the way she has become able to deal with her anxiety and is trying to help others deal with their problems is wonderful. I think that Penny is a great character because I can actually imagine her being a real person who I could meet and probably be friends with. I also love Elliot and his boyfriend Alex who were so adorable throughout the book and it was great how they relied on each other a lot and truly loved each other! Overall I loved how realistic all the characters were. However there was one character who I just really didn't like and that was Callum, who I thought was just kind of annoying and really frustrating!

When I first started reading this book I was extremely excited to read it and see what happens to the main character Penny and her relationship with Noah and it did not fail to impress. The plot of the book was wonderful and I loved how the main character spent the book helping someone deal with stage fright trying to use what she learnt from dealing with her own anxiety, which I think is incredible. One of my favourite parts of the story is when Noah returns as it happens when you are least expecting it and it is so well written that it fit into the story excellently. Overall I loved the plot of this book although it was sort of obvious what was going to happen at some points throughout the book.

The description of all the settings in this book are so well described that if I closed my eyes I felt like I was there and at times it sounded so picturesque that I wish I was there. I also thought that there was just the right amount of description of the settings, they were well described while not going into to much detail which I loved. The writing in this book was great because there was a lot of dialogue which kept the story moving and for me personally I have always preferred the dialogue to the description!

As far as I know this is a the last book in the series and it had a great ending however I would love for a fourth book to be written! Overall I thought that this was an incredible book, which was as good if not better than the first two books and I would recommend you read it, especially if you have read and enjoyed the other two books.



You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment