Sunday 5 June 2016

Sunday Post 5th June 2016

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.


Last Week on the Blog:

  • Cover Characteristic: Benches
  • Top Ten Books I Plan to Read This Summer
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Clare Reviews: Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
  • May Favourites and June TBR


Books We Got This Week:


Bought:
Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)The Forbidden OrchidThe Fixer (The Fixer, #1)
Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas: I always love Klepas's books so I have high hopes.
The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller: I don't know much about this book but I am definitely excited for it!
The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: I've been wanting this for a while, and I am on a bit of Jennifer Lynn Barnes kick at the moment.
Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories #III)Omens (The Cainsville Trilogy)Summer Days, Summer Nights
Otherworld Nights by Kelley Armstrong: I have loved the Otherworld series for a long time. I've actually been wanting to re-read it for a while so it seemed the perfect time to pick up this anthology.
Omens by Kelley Armstrong: An Armstrong series I haven't started yet and one I am excited for. 
Summer Days, Summer Nights Edited by Stephanie Perkins: I really enjoyed My True Love Gave to Me and I am greatly looking forward to this one. 

For Review:
The Edge of JuniperBinny Bewitched (Binny, #3)The Curse of the Bruel CovenOphelia Adrift
The Edge of Juniper by Lora Richardson: Lora contacted me to ask if I was interested in reading this and I definitely was. It sounds very good and perfect for summer. 
Binny Bewitched by Hilary McKay: Received from Netgalley. I actually didn't realise this was the third in a series when I requested it so now I have to hope I can read it without having read the first books. 
The Curse of the Bruel Coven by Sabrina Ramoth: Received from Netgalley. I love stories about witches. This is the first in a new series that sounds great to me. 
Ophelia Adrift by Helen Goltz: Received from Netgalley. This sounds very intriguing but mostly I was drawn by the name Ophelia with its Shakespeare indications!


Reading Update:

Ann:
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1)Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)
The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan: 5 stars, Brilliant, loved it cannot wait for the rest of the series!
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: 4 stars, I enjoyed this book very much.

Clare:
Only Beloved (The Survivors' Club, #7)Doctor Thorne (Chronicles of Barsetshire, #3)
Only Beloved by Mary Balogh: 4 stars, I thought this was a great end to the series - I have been curious about George throughout the series and it was good to get a closer look at him. I thought everything resolved well.
Doctor Thorne by Anthony Trollope: 4 stars, I really enjoyed this one - I am loving this series and excited for the next one which I will be reading through June. I am also intrigued to learn there is a mini-series which I will definitely be watching!


Next Week on the Blog:

  • Cover Characteristic: Lipstick
  • Top 5 Favourite Character Names
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Blogiversary And Giveaway! (International)
  • Clare Reviews: The Dark Vampire by Kate Baxter
  • Friday Reads

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

10 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see you enjoyed Anna Dressed in Blood. I've had that sitting on my shelf for a while and I'm not sure why I haven't read it yet. I really like Kelleys Armstrong, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about Omens. Just from the tagline on the book alone, it sounds really interesting. Hope y'all have a great week!

    My Sunday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently reading Omens and I am enjoying it although not as much as some of her other books!

      Delete
  2. I hope you like Summer Days and summer Nights, I'm about halfway through it right now. And The Fixer looks good too. Happy blogoversary coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I am going to read a story a day of Summer Days and Summer Nights, so it will last longer!

      Delete
  3. I love your classics selections Clare. You give me new ideas every week! I've heard so much about The Fixer, would love to know what you thought of it. And Summer days Summer nights is popping up everywhere! I've been eyeing Anna dressed in blood as well, will go through a few reviews and then decide. Wishing you both a lovely week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am going to be reading The Fixer soon and I am excited to see how it is! I read Anna Dressed in Blood a while back and enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. Lots of great books, enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  5. The Hidden Oracle is getting close the top of my TBR, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

    My Sunday Summary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it as well, definitely recommend it! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete