Wednesday 23 March 2016

Top 5 Books I Did Not Finish

Top 5 Wednesdays are hosted by Lainey and you can find the goodreads group here if you're interested in taking part! This was a difficult one because I don't often leave books unfinished and if I do it's usually just because I'm in the wrong mood for them and I go back to them later. 

1) Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
I just couldn't. I do tend to read popular books and I tried but Ana must be the most boring heroine ever and Christian is just a horrible person. 

2) The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
This is kind of unfair because this was not the books fault! I don't often read middle grade and I made an exception for this one but couldn't make it through - which is my own fault and I've now passed the series on to Ann who will hopefully enjoy it a lot more.

3) Splintered by A.G. Howard
Splintered (Splintered, #1)
I know a lot of people love this series but I hated the main character and the main love interest and I couldn't do it. And I usually love Alice in Wonderland retellings.

4) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1)
I technically made it to the end but I skip read so much that I don't think it counts as reading. Which is odd since I enjoyed the film so much. 

5) Fallen by Lauren Kate
Fallen (Fallen, #1)
I borrowed this from the library soon after it first came out and I think I made it about one chapter in.


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

6 comments:

  1. I have Splintered on my Kindle, but I'm kind of wary to read it. It just doesn't seem like it'll appeal to me! I know I'm just not going to even try to attempt Fallen. I've heard so many bad things about it that I know just stay away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People seem to really like Splintered but I just couldn't enjoy it, the characters just frustrated me too much. And no, Fallen is really not even remotely worth trying!

      Delete
  2. I also have PPZ on my list. I've yet to watch the movie though.
    https://shelfpickings.wordpress.com/2016/03/23/t5w-did-not-finish/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd like it because I struggled so much with the book but I ended up loving the movie!

      Delete
  3. I skip-read through PPZ, too! Not a lot because I love P&P and was hoping I could just enjoy 're-reading' a story with a bit of zombies tossed in but I just didn't like it at all.
    I think I read the first 2 or 3 chapter of Fifty Shades but couldn't stand the writing! It was so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the concept of adding zombies in and I thought it would be fun but it just felt so awkward and weird - but the movie works way better!
      Fifty Shades is awful, I only made it a little further than you I think and it does not get any better!

      Delete