Thursday 3 March 2016

February Favourites and March TBR

February Favourites:

This month I read a total of 14 books. I didn't have a great reading month towards the beginning but I got quite a lot read towards the end of the month. Most of my books for February were 4 star reads but I did have three five star books that I absolutely loved.

Salt to the SeaAll the RageWe Are the Ants
1) Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
I actually have a full review for this posted here which you can check out if you'd like to see my thoughts. Overall I thought this was a very interesting and original book and I really liked the different perspectives and the way the story unfolded.
2) All the Rage by Courtney Summers
Quite a harrowing but honest read. I love Courtney Summers' writing and the characters she writes and this was no exception. A very, very difficult subject but I thought she dealt with it very accurately and incredibly well. I definitely recommend this one.
3) We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
This is a fairly strange book and I am sure it won't be to everyones taste but I loved it. I will almost definitely be re-reading it in the future.

March TBR:

Jane SteeleThe Steep and Thorny WayLady Midnight (The Dark Artifices #1)
Someone recently mentioned Jane Steele to me and it sounded perfect. Jane Eyre is one of my all time favourite classics and I love retellings so I think I will enjoy this a lot. Then two of my favourite authors have new books out on the 8th March. The Steep & Thorny Way is another retelling - this time of Hamlet, which I am very much looking forward to. And Cassandra Clare has Lady Midnight coming out which I feel like I've been waiting forever for. These are the only books I have pre-ordered in March and I have placed myself on a book buying ban since I am going on holiday with my brother in April. So I will get a chance this month to work through my older TBR books as well which is quite exciting!

Let me know in the comments what books you really enjoyed in February and what you are planning on reading this month! 


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

4 comments:

  1. I've been seeing a lot of positive thoughts on We Are The Ants. And I didn't know that Cat Winters' new book is a retelling of Macbeth. That makes me want to read it even more now!

    ~Stacy Renee @ LazyDayLit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard much about We Are the Ants but I am glad there are positive thoughts for it because I really loved it! And it's a Hamlet retelling which really appeals to me. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I wanna read them all too! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for the March releases! I hope you have a great March and thanks for visiting!

      Delete