Sunday 27 December 2015

Sunday Post 27th December (With Christmas Haul!)

The Sunday Post STSmall_thumb[2]
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted at Caffeinated Book Reviewer, it's a chance to post a recap on the past week, show the books we have received and share what we plan for the coming week. Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Showcase Sunday is hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea and the aim is to show our newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops or downloaded on to their e-reader. As always you can click on any of the pictures to be taken to the Goodreads page for that book if you're interested in finding out more about it.

Books We Got This Week:
Ann: 
The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)The Prey (The Hunt, #2)The Trap (The Hunt, #3)Username: Evie
The Hunt/The Prey/The Trap by Andrew Rukuda: Clare got me all these books on Tuesday when we went shopping and they sound amazing I will be reading them soon.
Username Evie by Joe Sugg: I got this for Christmas and have already finished it. 
Life With A Sprinkle Of GlitterSelp-HelfHello Life!Love, Tanya
Life With a Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise Pentland: I also got this for Christmas and look forward to reading it.
Selp Helf by Miranda Sings: I really look forward to reading this because it's such a fun book.
Hello Life by Marcus Butler: I like to watch Marcus's youtube videos and look forward to finding time to read it.
Love Tanya by Tanya Burr: Love Tanya seems like a good book and I can't wait to finish it.
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
The School for Good and Evil series by Somain Chainani: Clare gave me these books as she didn't enjoy them very much so now they are mine.

Clare:
How to Survive a Sharknado and Other Unnatural Disasters: Fight Back When Monsters and Mother Nature AttackFalling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2)Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)
How to Survive a Sharknado by Andrew Shaffer: I got this from my littlest brother, Robert and I love it. I've had a flick through and I will probably read a little bit at a time to drag my enjoyment out. This book was basically made for me.
Falling Kingdoms/Rebel Spring/Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes: I got these from my other brother, John and I am incredibly excited for them. I've heard so many good things and I look forward to reading them soon!

Reading Update:
Ann:

Username: Evie
Username Evie: I got this for Christmas and finished it by Boxing Day, I may even reread it because I could relate to the main character really well.

Clare:
Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)Just For ChristmasMarried By ChristmasThe Night Before ChristmasThe Winter Wedding
Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund: 4 stars, I liked the main character in this a lot. I do always love Scarlet Pimpernel retellings but I read Rook by Sharon Cameron earlier this year and adored it so this had a tough job measuring up! But still a good read.
Just for Christmas by Scarlett Bailey: 3.5 stars, a cute read and I didn't realise but this is the first in a companion series I had already read the second of so it was nice to get the background - and of course I knew how everything would end.
Married by Christmas by Scarlett Bailey: 4 stars, really cute and fun. Loved both the female characters and I really liked how it ended. So not a fan of love triangles usually but I don't mind so much when it seems pretty obvious how things will resolve.
The Night Before Christmas by Scarlett Bailey: 4 stars, An actual love square/pentagon thing going on here. Really liked the friend dynamics and the romance (once it got going) was cute. 
The Winter Wedding by Abby Clements: 2 stars, this has such high ratings on goodreads but I just couldn't get into it. The writing style felt very weird to me and I just couldn't connect to it unfortunately.
How to Seduce a Scot (Broadswords and Ballrooms, #1)The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
How to Seduce a Scot by Christy English: 3 stars, I wanted something easy and quick to read at Christmas and this definitely fit with that. It was light and fun but a bit too cheesy for me. I probably will continue on with the series.
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani: 3 stars, I thought this was a great idea and well done but potentially just not for me. I couldn't connect with the characters and that kind of dragged me out of the story.

Classics Update:
The Great Gatsby
Ann: I have nearly finished reading The Great Gatsby which is an okay book but still not the best that I've ever read.
Clare: I have taken a pause with my Classics reading and will pick it up again in January.

Next Week on the Blog:
  • 12 Days of Christmas Book Tag
  • Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2016
  • Wednesday Catch-Up
  • Ann's Top 5 Books of the Year
  • December Wrap Up and January TBR
  • Friday Reads
  • Academy Awards Book Tag

You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

16 comments:

  1. Interesting selection of books this week for you gals. I loved the Sharknado movies, they were funny. I love the Fallen Kingdom series. I hope you love all of your new books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sharknado and this book references other movies as well, some I've seen, some I am now desperate to see! I am really looking forward to reading the Falling Kingdom ones, they look amazing!

      Delete
  2. The Hunt trilogy is really good! I read them a while ago. I also want to check out all the YouTuber's books. I hope you have a great week.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading The Hunt trilogy soon. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. What a mix of books! I only read one Christmas book this year. So busy wrapping up this year and getting ready for next! Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intended to read a lot more Christmas books but I am mostly happy with the ones I did read! Have a great new year!

      Delete
  4. I keep seeing The Good and Evil books all over, I will have to check them out
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings Enter my 2nd Annual Blogoversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if I am going to enjoy them but we will see. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Wow, great books for you this week, there sure are a lot of them! I hope you enjoy your new books!
    Britt @ Spare Time book blog
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2015/12/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a huge TBR pile beside my bed now! Which is both exciting and slightly daunting!

      Delete
  6. I've read The Hunt and I really enjoyed it. Great mix of books, guys!

    By the way, I've nominated you for The Liebster Award. You really deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hunt sounds really cool. Thanks for the nomination and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. What a fantastic selection of books! The School for Good and Evil series is on my TBR and the Scarlett Bailey books look great. Have a fantastic week and a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Scarlett Bailey ones were really cute and romantic which was definitely what I wanted! I thought The School for Good and Evil was good it just wasn't for me so I am hoping Ann will love it! Hope you do too! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  8. The christmas themed bunch look like fun. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy reading to you too. Hope you have a nice New Year! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete