Thursday 31 December 2015

December Wrap Up and January TBR

Ann:

I am not sure how many books that I have read this month but it wasn't as many as I would have liked. I aim on keeping a track about how many books I read in 2016, I didn't do the Goodreads challenge this year but I think I might in 2016.

Ann's Favourite Book of December:
Username: Evie
My favourite book of December is definitely Username Evie by Joe Sugg which I really enjoyed.

Clare:

In December I read a total of 21 books of which I gave 5 stars to only 2, although I think I had quite a lot of 4.5 ratings! This means I did reach (and exceed) my Goodreads goal of 400 books for this year. I think I am going to aim for the same amount next year and see how I go.


Clare's Favourite Book(s) of December:
Shadow Study (Soulfinders, #1)Vengeance RoadTheir Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
1) Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder
The Poison Study series is one of my all time favourite fantasy series (this Christmas I successfully pushed them on my brother - he really enjoyed them too) so I was very excited to continue a series I had thought finished and it was great to be back with Yelena and Valek and all the other characters I love. I am very, very excited to read Night Study!
2) Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman
I had heard such great things about this that I had kind of convinced myself I wasn't going to like it (weird logic I know). But then I read it and I loved it. The main character was tough and compelling and the plot line kept me guessing, I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through.
3) Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
This is one of those books I initially gave 4.5 stars but I may go back and make it 5 just because this was such a great ending to an already amazing series and I was really satisfied with how everything turned out. 

Clare's Reviews in December:

Ann's TBR for January 2016:


The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4)
I don't know how much I will be able to read in January but I aim to read The Hunt trilogy and also to finish the Throne of Glass series which I am really enjoying at the moment.

Clare's TBR for January 2016:

City of a Thousand Dolls (Bhinian Empire, #1)The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1)Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)The MartianPrisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #1)
I am definitely feeling a fantasy theme for most of January, particularly Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes as my brother got me the series for Christmas and The Final Empire as I bought the box set with my Christmas money but I am also excited for The Martian which I have heard so many amazing things about and Prisoner of Night and Fog which I have been planning to read for ages. I also have a few pre-orders due for January which I am excited for! 

Classics Wrap Up:

Daisy Miller
Ann: I haven't been able to finish The Great Gatsby yet but I did finish Daisy Miller.
Clare: This is the second month in a row that I have failed to complete a Classic. I have just felt kind of slumpy whenever I try to pick one up but I am determined to read one each month of 2016!

Classics TBR:

A Tale of Two CitiesThe Count of Monte Cristo
Ann: I have decided to read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens which Clare got me and I am looking forward to reading it. I know it's one of her favourite classics so hopefully I will enjoy it!
Clare: I have decided to return to my TBR jar for my Classics pick for January and start fresh, this month I will be reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas


You can also find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) to keep up with what we are reading

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I want to read so many of them... lol... Happy 2016 ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need more time to read all the books! Happy 2016!

      Delete