Wednesday 19 August 2015

WWW Wednesday and What are you Reading Wednesday 18th August

WWW Wednesday is hosted at Taking on a World of Words and asks 3 questions: What are you currently reading?, What did you recently finish reading? What do you think you'll read next?

What Are You Reading Wednesdays are hosted on It's a Reading Thing and asks;
1. What's the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34, or 34% in your e-book and share one complete sentence.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?

Ann:

Currently Reading:

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)The Doomspell (Doomspell, #1)
I am currently reading Anne off Green Gables (which I am nearly half way through) and The Doomspell trilogy which Clare got recently and says is good as she read it when she was younger. I haven't yet started but am about to. 

' "For example" he said 'today I want some eggs, and I'll have sausages with them in the shape of, let's see - in the shape of a teapot." 'Page 34 of The Doomspell trilogy book 1

'Anne's white face and big eyes appeared over the bedclothes with a startling suddenness.'Page 34 of Anne of Green Gables

I can not really yet decide if I would like to live in the Doomspell world as I have not yet started to read it. So I think that at the moment from what I have read from the blurb then I don't think I would like to live in that world; not a with a witch who snatches away children!

I would definitely like to live in the Anne of Green Gables world. All of the pretty places and the tree to climb. It would be so much fun to live there. So my answer is a definite yes I would love to live in the Anne of Green Gables world. Which is Canada.

Recently Finished:
The Disappearing Duchess (The Last Apprentice, #1)The Dark City (The Last Apprentice, #2)The Painted War (The Last Apprentice, #3)
I recently finished The Disappearing Duchess, The Dark City and The Painted War all in the Last apprentice trilogy. I read these books because I was running out of books that I could read for the read-a-thon so I went and looked on my shelves for books that i have had for a while and never got around to reading. I found these so decided I would read them as Clare got them for me a while ago and i never got around to reading them. They were brilliant books that are quick reads and around 200 pages each.

Planning to read next:
PathFinder (TodHunter Moon, #1)
Next I am planning on reading Pathfinder by Angie Sage because it is on my TBR for the read-a-thon and also my Mum, like me, loves Angie Sage's writing so really wants to read it but because it is a book brought for me she has to wait until I have read it! So I am going to read it as fast as I can so that she can read it.

Clare:

Currently Reading:
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Extraordinary Voyages, #6)The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow
I am currently reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (nearly finished) and The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodfine. I have decided to give up on Uneasy Lies the Head by Jean Plaidy, at least for now, since it seems I am not in the right mood for it at the moment.

"It is an infamous shame,' cried Ned Land, who broke out for the twentieth time; 'we speak to those rogues in French, English, German and Latin, and not one of them has the politeness to answer."
-Page 34, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea


"Hullo,' said Lil cheerfully. 'Are you a friend of Sophie's? I'm Lil. I say - you're in rather a state aren't you? Whatever have you been up to?"-Page 34, The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow
I am not sure if I'd want to live in the world of Twenty Thousand Leagues. On the one hand, you get to see Atlantis and all sorts of other fascinating things under the sea. On the other - imprisoned on a submarine doesn't sound like the best idea for someone with claustrophobia! So I think I am going to have to come down on the No side regretfully.

The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow is another one that's difficult to decide on. I mean it's charming but "dastardly criminals" do not sound so charming. I am not far enough in yet to give a definitive answer. But I would love to live in a world in which people say things like "I say". If anyone, at any point during this book says "that's not cricket" or "spiffing" or "jolly good" then I am changing my answer to a definite yes! But until then, I am undecided.

Recently Finished Reading:
Dracula in LoveOnce Every Never (Never, #1)Grace's Guide: The Art of Pretending to Be a Grown-up
I recently finished reading Dracula in Love by Karen Essex and have a full review up here but basically - it wasn't great. Wasn't even good. I then moved on to Once Every Never by Lesley Livingston which I really enjoyed and will have a review up for shortly. And then I finished Grace's Guide by Grace Helbig. I have been reading this ever since it came out in October last year, which is not to say that I don't enjoy it, it's more that I wait until I feel I need whatever advice there is and then read. I loved this book, the pictures and writing were great, and I also had an audiobook of it which meant I could listen to Grace reading it herself! I can't wait to read her next book.

Planning to Read Next: 
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1)The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation, #2)
I will probably be reading The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig, I've been feeling a bit of a reading slump ever since I read Dracula in Love (a read-a-thon is the worst time for a slump) and so I am trying to read the books I am most excited for rather than trying to get excited about other books. This one has been on my TBR for a while but I am really interested in it and if I love it I have the sequel ready to read as well! If not, I may have to shake up my TBR a little bit. We shall see.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to find someone else who's reading The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow - hang in there, people start saying "Golly!" It's brilliant.
    Thanks for visiting my WWW post. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was your review that convinced me to buy it! So thank you! I was in a bit of a reading slump and this has pulled me right out of it! I love Lil, the way she talks is everything I've ever dreamed of! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I love Anne of Green Gables, such a great book. Hope you enjoy all your reads this week. Thanks for participating :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished reading it yet but so far I am loving it. It is such a great book.

      Delete