Wednesday 5 August 2015

WWW Wednesday 5 August 2015

WWW Wednesdays was originally hosted at Should Be Reading and has now been revived by Taking on a World of Words. The three W's are;
1) What are you Currently Reading?
2) What did you recently finish reading?
3) What do you think you'll read next?


Ann:

Currently Reading: 
I am currently reading The Essence by Kimberly Derting, I have just started it but I am not that excited about it because although I thought the start of the first book (The Pledge) was good I thought the ending was a bit boring. I am also currently reading Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery because I decided to read a classic this month and I am really enjoying it - it is an amazing book.

Recently Finished Reading:
The Pledge by Kimberly Derting which was not as good as I thought it would be, but it was still good enough for me to move on to the second book.

Thinking of Reading Next: 
If I enjoy The Essence more than I enjoyed The Pledge then I will probably be moving on to The Offering by Kimberly Derting. If I decide not to read The Offering then I will be reading Icons by Margaret Stohl, this was on my TBR for July but I didn't have time to read it so I will be reading it this month instead.




Clare:

Currently Reading: 
I am nearly at the end of Third Girl by Agatha Christie which is the 35th book in the Poirot series. I realised after I started reading that I recognised the plot from the TV series which means the mystery element is slightly spoiled for me but I am still enjoying it overall. My classic for the month is Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne which I am only 36 pages into at the moment. So far it has been very science-y but the action has started to pick up a little so I have hope.

Recently Finished Reading: 
I just finished Unremembered by Jessica Brody which is about a girl who wakes up as the sole survivor of a plane crash, and she has no memory of who she is or where she came from. This book started out really well and I was engaged in the story, but about three quarters of the way through things went in a weird (and slightly confusing) direction. I will probably pick up the sequels at some point but its definitely not a priority for me.

Thinking of Reading Next: 
I am meant to be reading The Gift by Alison Croggon next which is a fantasy book, its also quite a chunky book so I am feeling a little daunted by it. I may decide instead to read The Captain's Daughter by Leah Fleming since I am feeling in a bit of a historical mood lately.

You can find us on Goodreads (Ann and Clare) and on Twitter (Ann and Clare)

4 comments:

  1. I have a Poirot novel on my shelf, but I've never read any of Christie's books before. I hope I enjoy them as much as you seem to. Happy reading and thanks for participating in WWW Wednesday. It's nice to have you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished it and I did enjoy it on the whole although I think I prefer the TV show - although whether that's just because I saw it before reading the books I don't know! We definitely look forward to participating again in WWW Wednesday in the future, it was fun to do.

      Delete
  2. I've just realized that, like Sam, I've never read an Agatha Christie. I think that might be illegal! :-)
    Here's my WWW post: http://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/www-wednesday-5th-august-2015/
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first Agatha Christie (and considering how long I've been a fan of Poirot that does seem so weird) and on the whole I did enjoy it - although for mystery novels in that time period I think I prefer Georgette Heyer!

      Delete