Thursday 20 August 2015

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon Reading Update Day 3

Wednesday:

Ann:
672 pages.
I have read 20 pages of Anne of Green Gables and 150 pages of The Doomspell by Cliff McNish. Also I have read a cook book which Clare has said I can now keep. She tried to make some of the cakes from the cook book but they went wrong. I then attempted to make a cake later that day on my own and it wasn't a complete fail. I also read the next two books in The Last Apprentice series by Imogen Rossi.
Mug Cakes: Ready In 5 Minutes in the MicrowaveThe Dark City (The Last Apprentice, #2)The Painted War (The Last Apprentice, #3)


Clare:
441 pages
I spent a good portion of the day reading Mug Cakes, shopping for ingredients and then trying (and failing) to make a Mug Cake. I did read all of it so I'm counting it - but in reality I failed this book. I'm not going to rate it because the failure was definitely my fault and not the books (Ann tried the recipes and managed fine). Apparently the microwave is not my friend! I then finished Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. I really enjoyed this book. I found it a bit difficult at times, if only because I prefer my Classics with less science and more gothic atmosphere, but it was well written and exciting. It's also the first Classic I've actually finished in months! I then read The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow which was great. It was very cozy and I loved the way they talked (I wish I talked like that. Or rather I wish I could talk like that without sounding ridiculous!)
Mug Cakes: Ready In 5 Minutes in the MicrowaveTwenty Thousand Leagues Under the SeaThe Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow

Total Books Read So Far This Week:
Ann: 11 Books (2568 pages)
Clare: 10 Books (2391 pages)

2 comments:

  1. Great job! You guys read so much, it's sad that I can't read that much now that my classes started again. Those mug cakes look delicious! I really want one!

    Sofia @ Bookish Wanderess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would not want any Mug Cake made me I can promise you! But Ann's ones are really good! I am doing part time study but I still find I read less now! This week is going well because of Bout of Books! Thanks for visiting

      Delete