Saturday 13 June 2015

Ann Reviews: Girl Online by Zoe Sugg

Girl Online (Girl Online, #1)Title: Girl Online
Author: Zoe Sugg
Rating: 5/5
Blurb:Under the alias Girl Online, Penny blogs her hidden feelings about friendship, boys, high school drama, her crazy family, and the panic attacks that have begun to take over her life. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets Noah, a gorgeous, guitar-strumming American. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret, too, one that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.







I was looking forward to reading this book as I am a fan of Zoe Sugg. After I read it I understood why lots of people loved it. I even decided that I was going to reread it the day after I had read it the first time. It most definitely did not disappoint. It is one of the best books I have ever read.

The main character Penny was a very well described character who you could relate too. She wasn’t just a character in a book she was a real person who had real problems. She also helped me understand what it is like for people who suffer from anxiety attacks. I also thought that the love interest Noah was a very complicated character that had a lot of secrets that he was hiding but there were a few hints that were very subtly put into the story that you don’t notice until you read it a second time and know what his secret was. All the characters were really well described and they didn’t just feel like characters in a story.

I thought that the plot of Girl Online was great and it didn’t give away too much information, as it developed so you couldn’t figure out what Noah’s secret unless you read the whole book. Although it could have developed better, instead of most of the action happening at the end of the book.

The places in the book were really well described. While reading the descriptions of the place you could really see the places that were being described. The description of Brighton was easier to imagine than the description of New York but that is probably because it is easier to describe a place that it is right in front of you  rather than a place you have only been to a couple of times.

Overall it was a great book and I would recommend that you read it. I have already told some of my friends about it and recommended that they read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment